Forums

Topic: 1972 Super Beetle  (Read 1347 times)

Offline acepilot

1972 Super Beetle

« on: March 12, 2017, 11:31:20 AM »
Picked this one up at an auction in far Northern Wisconsin.  Had a slight engine fire.  Engine toast, but did not warp anything.  Car was bought new in Grand Junction, Colorado.  Spent a fair amount of it's life in Colorado it appears.  Damn solid car, but I will find out for sure when I get the body plasti-bead blasted.  Going to be getting a brand new wiring harness for it since the back end wiring was burned away and it just seems like a good idea to go all new anyway...

Offline nedric31

Re: 1972 Super Beetle

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 06:23:08 AM »
Looks like a nice project. What are your mod plans for your bug?

Offline acepilot

Re: 1972 Super Beetle

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:03:20 AM »
At this point, not planning many, if any, real mods.  It's a really straight car and appears bone stock, right down to the original owners manual that was in the glovebox, showing it's early life after being bought by a Rod MacDonald of Loma, Colorado, from Jesse Boyce Motors in Grand Junction, Colorado.  All of the service stamps up to 24,000 miles are stamped in the manual and then again at 42,000.  Nothing in the book after that though.  The only thing missing is the radio.  In with the owners manual is an owners manual for a "Motorola Sapphire XVII 8-Track Stereo Tape Player/AM Radio, Custom Built for Volkswagen Porsche & Audi."  Boy, wouldn't it be cool if THAT was still in there!!   I picked up a newly re-built "AE" engine about a month ago from our Wisconsin VW guru over in Oshkosh.  It was going to be put in his '68 Baja, so I need to order a few more cooling tin pieces for it.  Hope to have the engine in by the end of the month.  Then on to installing the new wiring harness and door/engine compartment seals that I have on hand.  Hope to be tentatively driving it around locally by the end of July or early August.  ;D

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks