Forums

Topic: Found on Craigslist/Samba/Wherever  (Read 63417 times)

Offline arty

Re: Found on Craigslist/Samba/Wherever

« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2013, 07:44:33 PM »
Were can i get the contact for the roof rack

Offline travisyoung

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2013, 09:40:26 PM »
The roof rack was on Craigslist a while back,  if be surprised if he still had it

Offline travisyoung

« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »
Nsu ,  not a Vw never heard of one before,  German car that Volkswagen bought and eventually turned into Audi from the little bit that I read. Wants to trade for a vw

Offline Russ

« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2013, 11:24:38 PM »
NSU is where the Audi TT gets its name from. Stands for Tourist Trophy, a motorcycle race on the Isle of Man where NSU made motorcycles that competed in the race. They named several models of their cars TT or TTS to commemorate their successes in the race.

Offline travisyoung

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2013, 10:40:17 AM »
Seen video from that race,  it's crazy

Offline travisyoung

« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2013, 08:49:22 PM »
Jeep kit 300

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA
  • Liked: 2 times

« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2013, 10:45:24 PM »
http://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/4158632580.html

Volkswagen VW Sell Out - $500 (Clinton SC)

For Sale

Volkswagen Junkyard being cleaned out, most cars will start at $500.00 going up.

There are about 80 VW's here for sale as is or I will sell parts off them

Cars range from 1955 to 1986, with most of them being in the 60's

I only have one 1970 bus/camper nonrebuildable

There will be a $20.00 per person "just looking fee". If you buy something then the $20.00 will be taken off the price of the car or any parts

Call 864-833-3879 9am-9pm only If you get my machine leave ONE message I will return all calls in the order that I get them.

DO NOT EMAIL ALL EMAILS WILL BE DELETED AS SPAM

Offline travisyoung

« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2013, 06:56:45 AM »
That's a good collection but people who try to charge a fee to come look,  sounds kinda weird

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »
That's a good collection but people who try to charge a fee to come look,  sounds kinda weird

Yeah, it's kind'a weird.  But then, if I had a collection that large and decided to liquidate it, I'd like to limit the people coming on my property to just folks who might actually be interested in buying something.  That might not be the best way to do it, but it'll probably work.

Offline travisyoung

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2013, 07:13:50 AM »
That is such a large collection,   I tried to contact that guy on hippie hill once and got cussed out,  to far away for me

Offline Anthony

• In front of the computer

« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2013, 06:07:06 PM »
I have been there. There's a lot of stuff, but they're pretty gone for any resto projects, or at least I thought so when I was there. Funny how "far too gone" is a moving target. I was only looking at busses at the time, so I didn't look any many of the type 1s.

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2013, 06:14:15 PM »
Funny how "far too gone" is a moving target.

You got that right!  25 years ago a split window bus could have been "too far gone" because of mechanical issues and some rust in the dog legs and rockers.

Offline PapaKoch

• Treasurer
  • Club Member
  • East Ridge, TN

« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2013, 03:06:21 AM »
http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/4247158123.html
Volkswagen Westfalia Vanagon Camper VW Project - $2000 (Franklin, NC)

For Sale: 1985 Volkswagen Westfalia Vanagon
After 3 years of fun and adventure, I'm finally letting go of the family camper. She's treated us well, traveling coast to coast from NYC to Vancouver an back, but it's time to let her go as I no longer have the time to get her back on the road. Right now she's sitting in the garage with a bad motor. There is an internal coolant leak and lots of white smoke out the exhaust. The motor needs to be rebuilt. It will run and move (to put on a trailer or tow dolly), but you will not be able to drive it home. Other than that, she's in good condition, Very good condition on the inside, all the camper gear works, outside is fair with some rust and paint scratches and dents. This would be a great project Westfalia. I've put a lot of work in her to make her a great camping and touring vehicle. Here's the rundown:
- 199819 miles on the odometer, but this is a rough estimate as the previous owner broke the odometer (it is now fixed).
- I have a clean title in hand
- Manual Transmission
- All factory manuals as well as Haynes and Bentley manuals are included ($120)

The Good:
Has the South African 4 headlight grill which is cool (previous owner cracked it but it's fine). Interior is in good shape, fairly clean as you can see in the pics. I've put a lot of work into cleaning up the inside. It's all original on the inside and looks good. All the curtains are there as well as the back snap on mosquito net, the front curtain, and skylight curtain. All tables and swivels are there. Mattress is original and in good shape. Rug is clean. The tent canvas is in good shape, but there are holes in the netting (no big deal). All camper gear works and is in good condition:
- Refurbished fridge works on all 3 settings (propane, battery, and electrical hookup), I added an internal fan as well as an external fan to help it get a little colder
- Added 2nd deep cycle battery ($140) as well as Promariner Prosport 8 onboard charger ($100 value) http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=ProMariner-ProSport-8-Onboard-Battery-Charger&i=87113&r=view&cvsfa=2586&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3837313133
- Rewired camper so that ALL camping gear, lights, etc, run off 2nd battery and added in additional fuse box
- Added Xantrex Prowatt Sine Wave Inverter SW 600 power inverter ($160 value) http://rvpartssource.com/Xantrex-806-1206¤cy=USD&language=en?gclid=CJPMpPDttbsCFUcaOgodrX0Abg
- I cleaned out the water tank 3 years ago and replaced the water delivery lines to the sink.
- Added drawer liner to all drawers
- Added Volt Minder 12V battery monitor ($30 value) as well as switch to choose between aux and main batterys. http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-products/miscellaneous-accessories/UPGvoltminder.html
- Added switch to run stereo off aux battery (when camping) or main battery (when driving)
- Added Viper Responder 350 Car Alarm with front glass shatter detector and rear motion alarm ($180) http://www.caraudiogiants.com/viper-350-responder.html?___store=default&___store=default
- Added Orion Cobalt audio amp w/ Infinity Kappa 42.9i front speakers ($220) http://www.crutchfield.com/S-UIDxpqhHXf7/p_098CO302V2/Orion-Cobalt-CO3002.html http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uFhLPj6iMn7/p_108429I/Infinity-Kappa-42-9i.html
- Replaced propane tank valves ($60)
- Replaced skylight ($40)
- Added Go Westy side net for storage

Mechanical:
- New alternator and main battery 1 year ago ($200)
- New fuel pump 2 years ago ($160)
- Replaced CV joints and exhaust 3 years ago ($750)
- New clutch slave cylinder 3 years ago ($65)
- Resealed fuel tank 3 years ago ($80)
- New brake pads, rotor, and drums 3 years ago

The Bad:
- motor runs but needs to be rebuilt as stated earlier.
- AC is all there but does not work (do they ever?)
- There is some rust around the lower body panel seams and the lower door panels are dented in
- Paint is scratched in a few spots
- Missing gas cap and black plastic external hookups are broken (although the electric hookup still works fine -- I fill the water tank from the inside BTW)

I'm also including all the parts to a rebuilt motor which I purchased this past year. The story here is that I bought this motor with the intention of putting it in my camper, but it did not run right. There was a coolant leak into one of the cylinders, which I believe was to a bad cylinder seal. From the looks of it, it needs that cylinder honed out (or replaced), and I personally would also replace the heads, although I'm including 4 used ones which you might use if you get them inspected from a shop. Everything else looks good. All you need is a reseal kit and you are good to go. I would have done it myself, but I will not have time this year. This is a good deal for someone looking for a project van! The rundown:
- New water pump ($70)
- New thermostat ($25)
- Cam was machined (have receipt), crank shaft , pistons and rings look great.
- New oil pump ($34)
- New flywheel ($40)
- New piston rings ($20)
- Reconditioned piston rods ($40)
- New bearings and main seals
- I'm also throwing in a new fuel filter, spark plugs, and a bunch of window crank arms (they like to break), and a new set of belts.

Let me know if you have questions. I'm looking for $2000 for the whole lot or best offer. Thanks!

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2013, 08:33:24 AM »
This is a strange, somewhat ugly (ok, really ugly) one of a kind fiberglass pickup, but it's cool it's own unique way.  It's powered by an air-cooled VW engine up front.

http://atlanta.en.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4259938537.html

Offline Russ

« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2013, 06:21:07 PM »
Interesting camper conversion: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1259745

Looks like a regular bug, right? He cut out the back window and welded it to the decklid, making it almost like a "barndoor" beetle! Plus it's permanently attached to the trailer so it just looks like you are towing around a slammed bug.

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks