Forums

Topic: saab 900 saggy rear end  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Smelly_Cat

saab 900 saggy rear end

« on: April 18, 2015, 07:32:05 AM »
My Saab is hanging low in the rear and I got 4 rubber inserts to squish in the coil springs to boost it up.  Jacked it up, Took off wheel , they won't fit,  that coil spring says No Way!  I loose the shock , thinking that is keeping the coil compressed.   I break the top bolt that hold shock clean off.  son of a ,,,.  . Using the power of beer , I get a 6 foot green fence post and use it to expand coil.  The spade of the fence post bends and gets wedged in the coil.  I wrangle that fence post 15 minutes, until I realize it ain't coming out.  So we push post through, under the car.   Then I get a hand grinder an start making a wedge shape out of the spacer. The grinder slips and takes an inch of skin off my hand and inbeds rubber under the skin that is still there. We hammer the spacer in. It works, kind of.  Next morning, I get in saab to go to church and it won,t start.  It kind of fires here and there,  I keep turning starter.  Then I smell gas.  There's a 10 foot circle of gas running out from under the chassis.  I broke the fuel line when I wrangled the fence post the previous night.  I luck out and find a compression fitting that worked with a 20 year old plastic pressured fuel line.    Now, the saab is an inch higher on one side and handles like crap, due to the broke shock and my hand hurts due to a erasing a quarter size bit of skin ofF.   I'm not sure what the moral of this story is,  SC

Offline Smelly_Cat

Re: saab 900 saggy rear end

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 06:05:20 AM »
Got new shock on. It was from China, $22 bucks,   Lots of washers an barrels etc.  installed it wrong.  3rd time should be a charm.   Sc

Offline volksnick

• Secretary
  • Club Member
  • Chattanooga

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 04:08:28 PM »
Pictures or you are just story telling!

Offline Smelly_Cat

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 08:10:29 PM »
Ok I'll post pics,  just refined shock.  Hope I'd rides better.

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks