Forums

Topic: Help with Slow Starter  (Read 223985 times)

Offline volksnick

• Secretary
  • Club Member
  • Chattanooga

A Triangle Haiku

« Reply #840 on: June 23, 2014, 02:08:29 AM »
took my Golf into
the geometry today.
we made it out fine.

;D

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA
  • Liked: 2 times

Re: Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #841 on: June 23, 2014, 05:52:21 PM »
Later this week (probably more like this weekend) Homer will make a short trip outside of the three sided geometrical shape named after a famous French general.

How's Stupie doing?

Offline ASBug

• Varnel, Ga

« Reply #842 on: June 24, 2014, 07:55:57 AM »
Later this week (probably more like this weekend) Homer will make a short trip outside of the three sided geometrical shape named after a famous French general.

How's Stupie doing?
Equalatteral De Gaulle?

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

« Reply #843 on: June 24, 2014, 12:04:32 PM »

How's Stupie doing?
Equalatteral De Gaulle?
No, the LaFayette Triangle.  Where, according to our late friend the Godfather, all logic disapears.

Offline ainokea

• Honolulu, Hawaii
  • From the ground up, I built it.

« Reply #844 on: April 16, 2016, 08:01:54 PM »
If after replacing the bushing you still have a hard start situation, you might try this. 30 which provides power to the ignition switch does in time develop enough resistance to cause hard starting. Also a single terminal connector in circuit 50, probably under the back seat, or the 5 pin connector with a 10 gauge red and black wire connecting to a red 10 gauge wire, probably behind the fuse panel under dash, this might be a part of the problem. Those 2 are easily corrected with a yellow butt connector. The power to ign. switch terminal # 30 is routed this way according to a factory diagram for your model. power originates from the voltage regulator to fuse #9, red 16 amp. This 3 fuse circuit  supplies power to fuses 7 & 8 the ign. sw. light sw. 4 way flasher, and horn. First I would recommend a thorough cleaning of all fuse panel connections front and rear, and when that's done install some new fuses. If that doesn't do it for you, try the butt connector on the single terminal connection and the 5 pin. Last resort is to remove the ign. sw. wire from the fuse panel and using a single strand of 10 gauge wire, connect it to the battery positive terminal and splice the other end to the ign. sw. wire. This sounds very complicated but it's not, you just have to be patient and go slow, one wire at a time, do not rush.  Ainokea     

Offline travisyoung

« Reply #845 on: April 16, 2016, 10:00:14 PM »
This thread is older than my 4th grader, nice to keep it going

Offline volksnick

• Secretary
  • Club Member
  • Chattanooga

« Reply #846 on: April 18, 2016, 12:13:35 AM »
Wow! 11 years to the day! (Well, now one day late since it's after midnight)

Offline Smelly_Cat

« Reply #847 on: April 22, 2016, 06:25:11 AM »
Yay!   Time to scrape the dust off Stupie.  Stupie has been stranded at my Lafayette house for a few years.  Now I have sold the house and have to tow him to Ringgold.   Seems all the tires are sad and the brake fluids evaporated.  Won't roll, won't stop,  probably wont start.   SC

Offline volksnick

• Secretary
  • Club Member
  • Chattanooga

« Reply #848 on: April 22, 2016, 04:00:36 PM »
Round 2!!!

Offline Smelly_Cat

« Reply #849 on: May 03, 2016, 07:42:32 PM »
I love my car.  Sc

Offline Smelly_Cat

« Reply #850 on: March 25, 2017, 09:20:00 AM »
Im reading alot of self help books.  To have a happy life you need to set goals.  The goal i set is to get Stupie running and to bugapoolza.    stupie is not cooperating but i did manage to get a cough out of one piston last night or maybe i farted.  Sc

Offline Smelly_Cat

« Reply #851 on: March 26, 2017, 07:55:00 AM »
The Godfather would be proud.  No gas was coming from tank.  Got a spare tank from an old lawn tractor. And a new filter.  Still no start but at least have clean fuel. 

Offline Got Bug ?

• Chattanooga, Tn

« Reply #852 on: March 30, 2017, 10:13:27 PM »
Keep plugging away at it! But be careful with that gas jug inside your car!

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

« Reply #853 on: April 10, 2017, 09:31:22 PM »
The Godfather would be proud.  No gas was coming from tank.  Got a spare tank from an old lawn tractor. And a new filter.  Still no start but at least have clean fuel.

Well, that's an upgrade from the motorcycle tank on the roof!  lol   I was glad to see that Stupie made it to Bug-A-Paluza 19!  I think the Godfather would have approved of him getting the David Johnston Memorial "It's Your Coal Truck" Award. 

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks