Forums

Topic: Help with Slow Starter  (Read 224381 times)

Offline certdubtech

• In the Garage...

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #750 on: August 14, 2009, 03:09:52 PM »
I can still remember sitting with David in the shade (sorta) at mud-a-paluza when Stupie came rolling up for the first time to meet the Godfather in person for the first time....
It was kinda one of those moments that you always remember where you were, what you were doing... :wink:

Nice story to read.... and it carries on to this day in other forum topics... long live stupie and the smelly cat saga.... :lol:

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA
  • Liked: 2 times

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #751 on: August 14, 2009, 07:26:15 PM »
Yep, I can still picture Stupie with a red hot engine spashing through the mud looking for David.  In fact, I still have a picture of it!   8)

Help fixing your slow starter . . . Free

Watching Frank get barbequed . . . Free

Splashing mud all over the godfather's Volvo . . . priceless

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #752 on: August 14, 2009, 10:02:48 PM »
Wow,  what a hell ride to get to that bugapollaza,  Its probaly in this post somewhere,  maybe not.    Stupie was running bad,  I rigged a tow rod pipe and was gonna have my 16 year old steer Stupie while I pulled him with my Previa,  Well my kid did not complety grasp the concept of the the tow pipe.
I dragged him out the drive way and pulled over to the the side of the road.  My kid passed me.  the pipe and chain  ripped the steel V tie down under the  bumper clear off.  I was sitting in the van wondering what heck was he doing as he passed me.  

Then "The Journey"  began,  Not only did I risk my life, but my Daughter and her friend went to.  We made it to Chickamauga,  and konked out in a CHurch parking lot.   I called Zen.  he probaly was all busy  but he encouraged me to keep on going.   After my crew went and got some cola at the jiffy mart and returned  ,  Stupie coughed to life,  We made it to the Battlefield,  then the big intersection,  then the turn to Lake Weenie , "THis was up hill and very stress full"  . Stop signs and Red lights are the enemy,   Stupie is konking out   , bucking, getting hot as heck.  Some how we get passed all the obstacles  and make to Camp Jordon,   I got a pic,  I need to scan.  We get there and there is a 50 foot mud lake to cross,  Stupie is about to melt,  I floor him and sling mud and steam,  we limp up to the Magic White Volvo.   Bugtech says "Let it cool down for a hour" ..  He's cool like that.  

Any way.  Bugtech  does a MRI and Cat scan. Figures out I got the plug wires on the wrong plugs and that I was running on 2 cylinders for 50 miles and my timing is wack.  Genius.  What a day!   SC

Offline virgo062

• Rossville GA

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #753 on: August 15, 2009, 09:27:11 AM »
sc it's a girl thing to pass...Before Rick and I was married my 70'ish Pinto broke down so he towed me with his brand new Mustang GT turning left off N Terrace in Chattanooga I passed him. Don't really know why just when I pulled up next to him I waved and he don't wave back  :? in a split second the Pinto had jerked the Mustang clear around oops. I didn't realize the Pinto had it in her but she sure turned that stang around. He married me anyway :D

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #754 on: February 19, 2010, 04:26:04 PM »
Bump . . .  8-[

I'm sorry . . . couldn't help myself . . . I just noticed this thread was about to drop off the bottom of the first page, never to be seen again.  I tried to let it go off and die in peace but then I had a weak moment and . . .  :D IT'S BAAAAAACK!   :lol:

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #755 on: February 19, 2010, 05:06:03 PM »
Thanks Zen,  I do have an addition to the post.  See I got's this 6 foot airplane propeller,  and I want to mount it on the Roof for bugapullaz12 .  I need to motor ize it so it turns slow.  Anyone got a bbq grill rotissory motor I can use.   Or any ideas how to do this safe and secure like.  SC

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #756 on: February 19, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »
You could just a slow starter . . .  :lol:  :lol:

I think I might have a 12 volt wiper motor.  I've seen one used to turn a "wind-up key" mounted on the deck lid but I don't know if it would have enough power to spin an airplane propeller or not.

Are you planning on mounting on the roof flat like a helicopter or building some kind of tower to stand it up airplane style?  If you lay it flat, please make sure it's up high enough to walk under . . . I'd hate to see you loose your head when you stepped out and forgot it was there! :lol:

Offline certdubtech

• In the Garage...

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #757 on: February 19, 2010, 09:47:33 PM »
Quote from: "Zen"
Bump . . .  8-[

I'm sorry . . . couldn't help myself . . . I just noticed this thread was about to drop off the bottom of the first page, never to be seen again.  I tried to let it go off and die in peace but then I had a weak moment and . . .  :D IT'S BAAAAAACK!   :lol:

ZEN..................

[-X

:lol:

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #758 on: February 20, 2010, 08:12:09 AM »
I hace a yakama   rack that would work.  But It would look better  if I make  a wood box,  and paint it.  I'm not to worried if I scratch the roof.  I have more paint.  smile.   I wont drive around with it. I can strap it from the rain gutters.  The Prop is quite light weight  for how big it is.  I'll have to bring it over and see if you can mad scientist it with me.   SC

OH Oh  maybe I can find some plastic engine case from a kids chopper bike and do something with that... Hmmmmm

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #759 on: February 20, 2010, 10:04:24 AM »
OMG !!!!!!!   SC has shorted out another wire :lol:  :lol:

Offline Interstellar Overdrive

• Trapped in a salad.
  • Aircooled Necromancer

Re: Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #760 on: April 01, 2010, 01:59:57 AM »
Hi all, I figured from reading all this that I need the help of "The Godfather." It would be absolutely the kinda help I need if he's handy with a Bus, more specifically a Bay. I really want to have this old gal running and ready to go to Bugapalooza, but I'm new enough to VW's to where I need the help and my dad only knows about Bugs.... As a matter of fact, if ANYONE wants to come help me out and teach me a thing or two, I would be more than happy to provide a meal and/or cash.

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

« Reply #761 on: June 06, 2010, 10:35:29 AM »
I mentioned this thread in another post earlier today.  Just wanted to make sure folks could still find it.   ;D 

Offline Roadkill

• Ooltewah Tn.

« Reply #762 on: June 06, 2010, 01:13:50 PM »
Sowhen is the " Help with a Slow Starter " movie being made ? There is enough here in this thread for the script.........  ;D

Offline certdubtech

• In the Garage...

« Reply #763 on: June 06, 2010, 07:04:48 PM »
I have a feeling Woody Allen will be involved.   ::)

Offline Smelly_Cat

« Reply #764 on: June 07, 2010, 07:08:14 PM »
I f I dont fix these brakes it will be called " Help with Slow Stopper"

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks