Forums

Topic: Help with Slow Starter  (Read 224463 times)

Offline Jason

• Ringgold Ga

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #645 on: March 14, 2007, 09:24:07 AM »
Well how is Stupie doing? Getting to drive it much lately or did you kill it and just don't won't to tell us.

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #646 on: March 14, 2007, 09:38:59 AM »
Good god man,we thought you were dead! :lol: Nice to see your still kickin around,find a new buggy yet?

Offline Jason

• Ringgold Ga

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #647 on: March 15, 2007, 08:36:24 AM »
Just going thru a divorce same thing as being dead I geuss.  :evil:

No new buggy yet (See above line) does that tell you anything.

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #648 on: March 15, 2007, 09:52:11 AM »
Dang Jason , Sorry to hear about your situation.  I went through the same thing about six years ago. You can belive me when I  tell you its not the end of the world as bad as it seems right now. Try to keep your head on straight. You have friends you can talk with if you care to.

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #649 on: March 15, 2007, 10:23:56 AM »
Been there and done that,and yep it sucks but tends to work out later. Either way sorry to hear it.

Offline Jason

• Ringgold Ga

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #650 on: March 15, 2007, 02:35:44 PM »
It's not that bad besides not getting to see the kids every other weekend and that bites.

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #651 on: March 17, 2007, 11:22:10 AM »
Hey Jason,  Were in the world are  you now?  Did you sell that Green Camper?  I drive by your old place and don't see bugs so I figure you are elsewhere.  Stupie is fine,  Frank and I  repainted over all the Glass Chalk graffitti.  Stupie is  sporting a new hood rubber seal too!. Its Awesome how it cuts out the wind blowing thru the speedometer holes.  I took the 8 track player out cause I could not hear it.  Also,   when  I pull the hazard button the amp gauge slams to -30 so I think I have a short.   When I try the blinkers they don't work either. Gas Gauge..forget about it.   On the bright side.  Stupie starts and stops..

Stay cool.   SC

Offline Jason

• Ringgold Ga

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #652 on: March 19, 2007, 07:34:13 AM »
I've moved to Fort Oglethrope but I'm still on the edge of the triangle.

The green bus went back to Herbs house I don't know if he has sold it or not

Offline Smelly_Cat

I got a gear shift rod bushing were does it go

« Reply #653 on: April 22, 2007, 04:50:41 PM »
I got a gear shift rod bushing at bug a paluza and heck I dont know were it goes. Is it a big ugly job? sc

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA
  • Liked: 2 times

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #654 on: April 23, 2007, 12:23:59 AM »
I got a set of shift rod bushings for Homer a while back.  It's a bus and Stupie's a bug so they might not be the same, but mine went in the glove box.  I wasted my money . . . them dern things didn't help the floppy shifter at all!   :roll:

Offline VWGirl

• Rossville,GA/ Micanopy, FL

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #655 on: April 23, 2007, 09:00:24 AM »
lol i've got a few of them in my glove box as well.

as always, there is a simple way to do things correctly... and then there is the triangle way  :lol:

i must live in the triangle if i hurt my knee pushing a bus that could have moved under it's own power!  :lol: we had a good laugh about that last night... but hey i had fun doing it...

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #656 on: April 23, 2007, 09:16:32 AM »
Well !  I know a lot about the glove box portal to instant repairs, but I never could fit a crankshaft or pistons/cly assy. in there and had to do the job the hard way Dang It . :evil:

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #657 on: April 23, 2007, 09:41:11 AM »
VWGirl, Sorry you hurt your leg,but  pushing a Bus is part of your training for Type-2 ownership. Its very important that you master the correct methods for doing this without hurting yourselve. I'm suprised that VWOA didn't offer orthopedic/cardiac re-hab clinics with the warranty
    Belive me , I have done my share. :wink:

Offline VWGirl

• Rossville,GA/ Micanopy, FL

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #658 on: April 23, 2007, 09:57:03 AM »
i've pushed my bus by myself before... and push started my beetle on several occasions...

it's really pretty funny... i just hope it heals up quickly. i probably wouldnt notice it as much if i didnt have to go up 10 steps to get in to my house. and it was my good knee too  :roll:

we'll proceed with training once its fixed  :lol:

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #659 on: April 23, 2007, 06:21:17 PM »
OK,  I took the gear shifter out,  it was greasy,  does the shift rod bushing go in there somehwhere?  I did not see an old bushing so maybe it decomposed,  After i gave up an put it back together,   It shifted better.  Magic    SC

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks