Forums

Topic: Help with Slow Starter  (Read 224479 times)

Offline Jason

• Ringgold Ga

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #555 on: August 07, 2006, 11:47:26 PM »
Quote from: "letsbuggy"
i my self have brass nuts................................................................................they dont rust :lol:  :lol:  :D  :D

Show off

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #556 on: August 08, 2006, 08:31:12 PM »
OH dear
here is what happened
The rubber hose from the carb to the backfire thing to the place on the intake manifold broke.  So i had a huge vaccum leak.,  I also somehow knocked a spark plug wire off.  So to further muck things up I had my VW buddy at work look at Stupey and turned all the carb screws every were.  I Plugged the wire back and reconnected the manifold hose. I set the volume to 2.5 turns out.   but now stupey is mad and running like .. heck I cant even describe it... but it aint smooth,  I'm sad, Stupey's mad.    SC

Offline Jason

• Ringgold Ga

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #557 on: August 10, 2006, 07:47:47 AM »
Code Blue!!! Code Blue!!! Stupie is down some body get Doctor Bugtech down here quick. Doctor Bugtech put on a wig or something to avoid enemy fire. Maybe you should fly. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #558 on: August 10, 2006, 09:00:25 AM »
What the  $^%%^&&%$$$###$%^  Buy you books, send you to school and you still eat the dang pages !!    #%#$$%$@$  
     For the first time in a long time, I'm at a complete loss for words other than @$*%#@$%$##$%%%^^&^& !!!!!!!!
     Heck No !!   Lets not fix the problem. Hey! here's 13 screws !  Lets turn them all and put a quart oil in !  Dang ! here is 2 or 3 more screws ! Lets twist them and add a quart of oil !    Just for the heck of it,lets add 2 more quarts of oil. There !! almost gotter fixed. Still don't know why it don't run right. You are going to have to look into that. Lets put another quart of oil in !  AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGG #%$$^##&#%^%%^^# :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #559 on: August 10, 2006, 09:27:58 AM »
I think I will run away and join some order of "Monkdum"  make wine and learn to play " Mr. Rodgers 'hood" and "I'll Fly away" on the old Martin guitar. :?

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #560 on: August 10, 2006, 06:56:49 PM »
Bugtech,  I did change the oil last weekend. How did  you know?  Psychic?  I thought maybe it would help.. I think there is some screws inside the carb that didn't get turned,  Your post was a masterpiece.  Bravo! SC

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #561 on: August 10, 2006, 10:20:55 PM »
OK ! I have calm down now. We are having a gentle rain and I mixed myselve a "toddy".   Managed to "cut" the body off Albert DeAllison without doing damage today so all is right in my world tonight :lol:

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #562 on: August 10, 2006, 10:26:05 PM »
Psychic ?   Not psychic, just  Scottish.

Offline Anthony

• In front of the computer

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #563 on: August 11, 2006, 05:36:50 PM »
:(
the 4 or 6 screws that hold the gas tank in... gravity has worked well so far
:(

If we caravan anywhere, please don't follow me. If we have to "drop anchor", I don't want your gas tank popping through your decklid, smashing through my window, and landing in my lap, spraying fuel everywhere. A full gas tank weighs 75+ lbs. That's a lot of momentum in a sudden stop. Please bolt it in!

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #564 on: August 11, 2006, 07:46:52 PM »
Wow Anthony.  I invented the BeetleGastankapult..  Dont you think all  those rubber hoses will hold the tank in anyway?

I yanked the carb off tonite and it was empty.  Any body know how the little plastic piece that holds the float down is supposed to go?.  I think I got mine curving out facing the float cutoff pin.  It makes sense that my slow dribble of gas throught the partial shut  float valve was causing me to run great one day and conk out the next.  What do you think? Am I smart or what?  Only took me 11 months to figure that out. By the way, who is Albert Dallison?SC

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #565 on: August 11, 2006, 11:43:47 PM »
The white float hold down curve part faces the carb body,  not toward the float
        Albert DeAllison is my Allison Buggy I'm restoring.

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #566 on: August 12, 2006, 07:54:51 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHH,  STUPIES feels better,  I took the carb apart and reset the screws and then made a airplane out of Stupie and he got better.  Stupie likes laying  dress up.. I even got the flying  machine to idle. Whoopee.  round of something for everyone.  SC

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #567 on: August 13, 2006, 01:04:16 AM »
I learned that if you put in too much oil it burps it into the carb,sputters and blinds everyone on the freeway behind you for 15 seconds. 8)  It does this a few times until you fix it.

BTW mines still gettin too hot. The engine doesnt seem hot put the oil pressure drops as you go along until it's around 20 psi at 60 mph. It starts out at around 40 psi at that speed. runnin hot is all I can think of. From east ridge to Cleveland and its down everytime.
Could it be a carb setting,or them new fangled crap EMPI pipes or both?
The pipes get hot as hades and I figure they may have threw off my highly tuned carb settings. :lol:
This simple problem could get exspensive so any idears?
Wait for winter and enjoy the heater?

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #568 on: August 13, 2006, 12:59:31 PM »
THis post id dedicated to Anthony,
As i got out the wrench and the bolts and the retaining spacers ,  I heard a cry.  I leaned into the trunk and heard.  "I'll be good.  I won't go flying out when you panic stop".    I looked at poor Gastanky and said, " I have to do this for Anthony's sake.  he does not trust gas tanks to stay in the trunk."  But the Stupies gas tank replied,"  I'll be good and I won't stray far from the Stupie..and I promise not to fly into Anthony's back window and blow him to smithereens"...With that, I knew I had to tie him in for his own good, and with a tear in my heart and a pang in my eye
.   Gastanky was rachetted into place,  Never to roam free again.  SC

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #569 on: August 14, 2006, 07:19:36 PM »
I have been smelling gas lately and today my floor pan was shiny clean.  crap.  I guess some crud that kept the gas from leaking out is  not doin its job.   I love my bug , repeat.  . I guess there is a hole in the line in the tunnel somewhere.   I got a metal line and I'm goin put it in some time soon.  Right now I got the fire extinquiser out from under the sink.  I wonder if tieing the gas tank in has something to do with this.  sc

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks