Forums

Topic: Help with Slow Starter  (Read 224497 times)

Offline Jason

• Ringgold Ga

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #435 on: April 25, 2006, 08:15:09 AM »
I don't understand something here Bugtech? We all came out of the "Triangle" and invaded your nik of the woods and you sent one of us back running better than when we invaded. And I don't think there were any old dasher parts launched. I didn't see any wounds from them any way.

Thanks for the pull 98GTI

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #436 on: April 25, 2006, 10:21:15 AM »
I was very proud of the "Triangle" crew for conducting themselves in a civilized manner. "When in Rome,Do what the Romans do"
  67-Bugnut was holding the Dasher parts in reserve locked and loaded just in case a" Trianglelite" went bonkers when they discovered that there was another world out here and VWs existed that actualy would run and look great. The Fire and explosion factor went down due to the water table rising. A good thing.
   Sending more than one VW at a time back to the "Triangle" running on all 4  would confuse the local policeman who would not be use to seeing machines that could outrun a Amish Buggy without leaving a trail of smoking and broken parts. :lol: The police are out today trying to find out why there was a rash of "break-in's" at our local appliance stores over the weekend and only dryer parts were taken. I don't know whats up with that :-k

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #437 on: April 25, 2006, 09:05:33 PM »
Hey everyone,   Thank you Thank you, and a big thank you to Bugtech,   I should be banned from ever working on a VW again after all the things you corrected.   Zen that was a great VW show.  You and the club did a great job.

I had a great time and my bug had fun to, we got to peel out in that big mud puddle.  Our first mud sling.  Sorry about the mud splatter on the volvo Bugtech.  I owe you a wash.   I still think there will be some interesting adventures left for the slow starter thread.  

Let me review my great purchases at the BP8.  1st  bought 2 of those fan heater pipes.  When I went home i discovered that i only needed one after seeing how short it needed to be.  I have a 3 dollar pipe i don't need.  Next I needed the tin piece that goes in front of the pully.  I found one for 10 bucks that was guaranteed to fit but bought one from Jason instead.  When I got home, It was too small.  so in a fit or rage , I  attacked it with tin snips and plugged the holes with beer can aluminum,  My 3rd BIG buy was  running boards, 5 bucks for two.  When I got home I found out they were both for the same side.  If anyone needs me to pick up anything for them at the next show  let me know.   I also bough a Brake line for 30 cents.  with my luck it won't fit either.   I am working on my tale of the epic journey from lafayette to Camp Jordaom SC

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #438 on: April 25, 2006, 09:52:35 PM »
UH Oh He has parts,nope the thread ain't over!

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #439 on: April 25, 2006, 11:19:41 PM »
Speaking of ammo,I found some more. :lol:  A whole Dasher! It's not mine but I figured they might wanna see a whole one instead of them parts you keep throwin.

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #440 on: April 25, 2006, 11:20:45 PM »
Hmmm...pic didn't work must be that new alien technology dasher camo.

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #441 on: April 26, 2006, 12:28:08 AM »
No alien stuff there, just a Dasher diesel on idle. Normal :lol:  :lol:

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA
  • Liked: 2 times

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #442 on: April 27, 2006, 12:36:09 AM »
A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a few more thousand words on this subject . . .

Two used mug grip tires -- $30

Miscellanious wiring -- savaged from an old dryer

Two soft drink cans -- free from the side of the road

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #443 on: April 27, 2006, 12:41:17 AM »
and . . .

Meeting the guy who's been helping you with your slow starter for the past year -- Priceless!

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #444 on: April 27, 2006, 12:44:17 AM »
and a few more just for good measure . . .

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #445 on: April 27, 2006, 05:12:25 AM »
Dang Zen !! You didn't give me time enough to get my ski mask on and somthing else, I don't know what to think about a guy that you are trying to help repays you by slinging Camp Jordon mud all over his previously spotless white Volvo. Just because he had all 4 clylinders singing in harmony at the same time for the first time is no excuse to "show off" excess horse power. Just goes to show you that you can take the man out of the "Triangle" but you can't take the "Triangle"  out of the man. What kind of deal is this ?

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #446 on: April 28, 2006, 08:26:31 PM »
I got off work a few minutes early today and about halfway into LaFayette, I passed a faded red, primer, surface rust, etc. colored Stuper Beetle keepin' up with the flow of traffic headed north out of town.  The guy behind the wheel was waving like crazy when he went by and he had a smile on his face that was almost too big to fit in the bug!  By my brilliant power of deduction ( :lol: ) I figured out that SC DROVE HIS STUPER BEETLE TO WORK TODAY!  He hasn't been on the forums much since the show . . . I bet he's already burnt 2 or 3 tanks of gas since last weekend!   8)

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #447 on: April 28, 2006, 11:04:08 PM »
You should have seen the jethro in the dodge ram with a bug body in the back of it,and the trailer with yet another one on it. :lol:

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #448 on: April 29, 2006, 06:28:01 PM »
Yep Zen,  that was I,  I am starting to get confident that I will reach destinations.   I have a only ran out of gas 2 times.  I have figured out a way to tell if I have gas.  I take a fast tight left turn and if gas slops out of the tank filler tube and down the side fender it means that i have gas.  When I can't smell gas,  I need to get some more.  I filled a gallon spare tank and its in the truck, just in case.  

I have been hearing a load clunk from behind when i run over things and it was scaring me a little.  Could it be an axle, or a torsion bar? I decided to investigate  today so i looked in the back behind the back seat.  A door panel was there.  Those little covers that go under the back seat,  a piece of wood, and a 15 lb steel tube I used as a  breaker bar to get the back axle nuts off.  Maybe things will stop going clunk in the Night now.   SC

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #449 on: April 29, 2006, 10:39:17 PM »
I'm getting pretty good at Triangle infiltration. Maybe I should get some therepy. I starting to like the area everytime I drive in they send me out with stuff,That's pretty good. Maybe the triangle ain't so bad. :shock:

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks