Forums

Topic: Help with Slow Starter  (Read 224496 times)

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #420 on: April 20, 2006, 07:56:41 PM »
Watch out David there armed! And remember the name Smelly Cat,they may have chemical weapons,Quick call Dick Cheny! :lol:

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #421 on: April 20, 2006, 09:10:50 PM »
It looks like like Stupie will be riding on a car hauler to BP8.  Jason says he will  drag it up Sat morning.  I was working on a flyer to attract a crowd  and for radio spots.  Heres what I got so far.  

Smelly Cat's Trojan Beetle.  Live at BP8
 Part VW ...part Clothes Dryer!   Why does it run. No one knows.   Is it Alive or Dead, some say it is possessed by dead hippies.  See it at BP8.  

Using  dryer parts , inner tubes, and fish tank tubing,  the Stupor beetle was re-born in the LaFayette Triangle. Can it be tamed? Can it be controlled? Can it run?   ?  Be there at BP8

SC

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #422 on: April 21, 2006, 08:22:12 AM »
O.M.G.!!!!!!  It really is going to happen !!  Its all up to us now.  
  Dick Cheny won't be much help now since he is only allowed to handle a  
un-loaded Paint-Ball gun.  I hope Jason has good insurance.  I have my Musket loaded and my LL Bean boots in case we have to beat a hasty retreat across the River Jordan :lol:

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA
  • Liked: 2 times

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #423 on: April 21, 2006, 08:25:28 AM »
Quote from: "67bugnut"
Watch out David there armed! And remember the name Smelly Cat,they may have chemical weapons,Quick call Dick Cheny! :lol:

I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than go for a ride with Ted Kennedy!   :lol:   Sorry, I've been waiting for weeks to say that.  The 33 Year old club members may be too young to get that one.

Back to Smelly's Stuper . . . See it live . . . or, see it come to life . . . or see it be declaired dead . . . or see it . . . OK, you get the picture . . . SEE IT AT BUG-A-PALUZA 8!   8)

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #424 on: April 21, 2006, 10:18:47 AM »
I think I got it. He drove in a lake and the young girl with him drown as he swam away,he did call the police eventually.To bad his old man was sickly or we would have never known. History Channel is cool.

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #425 on: April 21, 2006, 10:54:32 AM »
Yep, You got it.  
     Zen,  don't be so bashful  and don't sugar coat it. It doesn't seem to bother our Ambassador of Peace and Good Will, Champion of Political Correctness, Friend of the Little People,  Herr Herby.

Would you belive we have a new member named Deborah with a white 78 'vert in tow ? And get this ,another 33 year old. We need to do a head count and see how many 1973 models we have in this club. :-k

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #426 on: April 21, 2006, 09:05:22 PM »
When I talked with Jason at about 10am today he was looking for a car hauler or something.  I have not heard from him.   I did rustle up a log chain and a 8 foot piece of pipe.  Is there instructions on how to make a tow bar somewhere?  SC

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #427 on: April 21, 2006, 11:44:44 PM »
Ok I'll say it without political corectness,Another Kennedy got smashed and did somethin stupid that got other people killed. :D Is that better?

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #428 on: April 22, 2006, 12:42:49 PM »
I made a tow bar and when i tryed to use it  broke off the ring that is welded to the frame so I am a little bit screud and angry and sad right now.  
I'm going to make a run up to Camp J  on my lonesome.  Viva la Volkwagen .  Sc

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #429 on: April 23, 2006, 12:09:12 AM »
Smelly you were missed today,hope to see ya tommorrow.

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA
  • Liked: 2 times

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #430 on: April 23, 2006, 09:59:48 PM »
Quote from: "67bugnut"
Smelly you were missed today,hope to see ya tommorrow.

No, he wasn't missed!  He tried to keep a low profile, but SC made it Camp Jordan shortly before 3:00 PM on Saturday.  Not only did SC make it, but he made it DRIVING "THE FAMOUS HELP WITH A SLOW STARTER" Stuper Beetle with a car load of kids inside.  It made it under it's own power!!!  About 3 hours later it was cooled off enough for RetBugtech to "lay hands" on it and help him sort out all the little issues.  After tighting a few srews, making a few settings, sending SC into the swap meet for missing parts, etc.  He was able to drive home using all 4 gears (it didn't have enough power to get out of second on the trip up).  He was back for more on Sunday!

He was rewarded for his efforts with custom made "This is the Famous Help With A Slow Starter Car" sign (Thanks to Jason) and the "You DROVE THAT? From WHERE? Daneil Helton Spirt Award."

So, 29 pages and about a year into this thread I can finally say, IT DOES EXIST . . . and belive it or not, it RUNS . . . and RUNS GREAT!  Will this end the saga of the "Help With a Slow Starter" thread?

Smelly Cat has spend several hours with the Godfather this weekend.  With Smelly's "enlightenment" change the fate "triangle" forever?

I can't wait to see . . .  8)

Offline mboxtyger

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #431 on: April 23, 2006, 10:35:19 PM »
Way to go Smelly Cat!!! Can't believe this might
 be the end of this thread...Oh well, at least I can tell
 future generations I was a part of it, too lol...Congrats
 to all at BaP for a wonderful show, and thank you!
                                                      Dolphe

Offline Jason

• Ringgold Ga

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #432 on: April 24, 2006, 07:54:07 AM »
Sorry I could not help with getting the (Help with a Slow Starter)car to the show. Things got kind of busy trying to help with the show,sale parts as a vender,get another car to the show and working on it late sat night,family pictures friday at 7:10 PM. On top of all that my source with the tow dolly fell thru and my trailer was loaded at the show. But I think we are all VERY PROUD of Smelly Cat Far making it on his own. =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #433 on: April 24, 2006, 10:12:23 AM »
As only Karen Carpenter could sing: "Its only just begun".  This thread will go on for a while yet. I'm checking myselve in for therapy in the next few days to be prepared for  phase 2 of the now famous "Slow Starter" thread. This should be enough time for SCs engine to get use to having #3 and #4  clys firing in proper order. Then we have to address the reason why the car feels like its on "Spin-Cycle" at speeds over 40mph
    It was really great to meet SC at BP-8 and you know what, coming from the "Triangle",  He looks the same as we do and does speak english very well. :lol:  :lol:  \:D/  :thumbs-up:

Offline 98GTI

• President
  • Club Member
  • CLEVELAND. TN

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #434 on: April 24, 2006, 05:43:01 PM »
Smelly Cat did you ever think one question would ever last this long? :lol:

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks