Forums

Topic: Help with Slow Starter  (Read 224491 times)

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA
  • Liked: 2 times

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2006, 10:43:53 PM »
SC . . . I am on vacation this week.  I've got a lot of stuff to do so we will be ready for the show, and one of the things on the list is making sure your stuper is ready to make the trip to Camp Jordan.  Name the time.   :tard:

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2006, 11:39:30 PM »
I think we need a members towing service to haul all our non working vw's to the show. :lol: That would double our number of cars.

Offline Jason

• Ringgold Ga

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #407 on: April 18, 2006, 07:27:26 AM »
Is the stuper beetle going to make it to the show? Will Bugtech have it running like new? Will Smelly Cat drive the stuper beetle home from the show? Tune in next time to the same VW web site, Same Help With A Slow Starter Thread.  8)

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2006, 08:24:29 AM »
I think bringing S.C. Bug to the show would be great idea. Then I would have a "Demo" to play with during the "Tech Sessions". Might even fix a few things. The only thing I would ask for is a good battery that would hold its charge all weekend. What do you think Smelly ?  With all the vendors being around ,you could pick up proper parts if needed.

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2006, 11:18:20 AM »
Quote from: "Smelly_Cat"
I really want to get it up to BP8,  I'll need to get on mapquest and plot a course that avoids all steep hills and highways and speed signs over 35 mph. . . . / . . .  Since i had switched cars,  I left his funnel in the bug,  So back to house,  got in bug, drove back to the house, dropped off the funnel,  went home and then the trouble began.  I started turning the volume and the distributer and the idle bypass and now I can't start the car.   Sigh.    SC

Hey SC . . . DUCK!!!

Man, that was close!  Bugtech almost got you with that Dasher piston!

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #410 on: April 18, 2006, 11:21:42 AM »
Quote from: "67bugnut"
I think we need a members towing service to haul all our non working vw's to the show. :lol:

A tow dolly or wrecker wouldn't do.  We need to have a roll-back with a good winch . . . some of the ones in my yard won't roll.   :lol:

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #411 on: April 18, 2006, 02:31:11 PM »
ARRRRRRRRG !!  Yep !  First thing to do is start twisting EVERY screw, lever, bolt, nut, jerk all the wires off, add 4 qts of used oil, rotate the air in the tires. JEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!     Hold on a min. I'm looking for my Pratt & Whitney piston ! It has a bigger war head.
   Hey Bugnut, Do you have any RPGs and a launcher ?
   :roll:

Offline Smelly_Cat

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #412 on: April 18, 2006, 08:08:39 PM »
Well Time is running out.  I was lucky today that  Frank got poison oak so he did not goto work and was available to help me un-adjust every thing i messed up the other day. So Stupie is running again.

Zen,  I am available after five about every day.  I know that in 5 seconds you will will probaly see some stupid thing i did that boogered up my engine.   This bug is running so bad I'm afraid to drive it 8 miles to your VW Hospital/morgue. I'll stop by your VW cave around lunch Wed.  

Bugtech,  I have a brand new battery but i don't know if it is good for a whole weekend.  I can Guarentee you will have something to talk about should Stupie end up on your operating table

What causes valve/bearing  rattle?  Like driving 5 mph in around in 4th gear?  Is that timing? I got it bad in all gears.  I just kind of earball the timing. If I can't start the the car I've turned the dist'br it too much. Thats is my motto.  SC

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #413 on: April 18, 2006, 10:34:06 PM »
Valve/bearing rattle ?? At this point, who knows ?  But I bet I could find it. :roll:  :?

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #414 on: April 19, 2006, 07:58:03 AM »
No rpgs sorry. I have a few ak-47's and could make you a shape charge or a claymore. :lol:

Offline Ret.Bugtech

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #415 on: April 19, 2006, 09:11:21 AM »
Oh well, We will have to make do with what we have. I may have to call on you to set up a secure perimiter around Camp Jordon to guard against a pre-emptive strike from Smelly-Cat and his crowd who I have heard are trying to break out of the "Triangle". Early intelligence has indicated that they will be traveling in a convoy thats very slow and noisey so they should be easy to deal with as long as we maintain our supply of Dasher pistons and a assortment of drugs. HOO-RAH !! ( is that what the Marines say?) :lol:  :lol:  :thumbs-up:

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #416 on: April 19, 2006, 09:06:14 PM »
Quote from: "Ret.Bugtech"
. . . so they should be easy to deal with as long as we maintain our supply of Dasher pistons and a assortment of drugs. HOO-RAH !! ( is that what the Marines say?) :lol:  :lol:  :thumbs-up:

Just remember how many Dasher pistons have been tossed into the "Triangle."  We might be pulling the pins and throwing them back!  Oh, wait, that's handgernades thrown by the Polish army.  Nevermind.   :lol:

Offline Jason

• Ringgold Ga

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #417 on: April 20, 2006, 07:32:04 AM »
Zen is smelly Cats car going to make it to the show?

Offline Bugnut

• padded cell.

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #418 on: April 20, 2006, 06:03:38 PM »
Maybe a defense plan is in order.We will have to work together and assign all positions a sector of fire in case of attack. Properly planned with interlocking sectors of fire we may stand a chance unless the enemy has ducktape,ziplocks and a swiss army knife. Yep your dead on marine lingo but sorry Rangers lead the way!

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

Help with Slow Starter

« Reply #419 on: April 20, 2006, 07:29:28 PM »
Quote from: "67bugnut"
. . .  we may stand a chance unless the enemy has ducktape,ziplocks and a swiss army knife . . .

In that case, you don't stand a chance!  You've never visited the "triangle" have you?  I carry TWO Swiss Army Knifes.  They are inside a ziplock bag that's re-inforced with Duct Tape.  Don't mess with me.  I've strapped on my grandson's old bike helmet to protect me from the flying Dasher parts and I'm headed for Camp Jordan.  Smelly Cat and the Stuper have my back.   :salute:

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks